Information on your OB Visits
Congratulations! We are here to assist you in the healthful beginnings of this new adventure!
Throughout your pregnancy, you will be making routine OB visits to our office. Your OB visits will generally be every 4 weeks until your 27-28 week. Then you will come every 2 weeks until your 36th week. We will see you weekly after that until you deliver! There may be exceptions when visits are more or less frequent.
We have listed for you the most common tests performed during your pregnancy and the stage in which they are done. Also listed are tests that are offered during the 1st trimester of your pregnancy. Note that the links below redirect your browser to topics on the WebMD website which may not necessarily reflect the viewpoints or recommendations of Physicians for Women's staff. Please use the links for informational purposes only. Contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Cystic Fibrosis Testing – Prenatal Blood Work at 1st visit
- Tay Sachs Screening – Prenatal Blood Work at 1st visit
- Chorionic Villi Sampling ……………... 10-12 weeks
- Nuchal Transluency with PAPPE (1st trimester screen) …………. 11 – 13 6/7 weeks
- AFP Quad ............. 15 - 18 weeks
- Amniocentesis ........15 - 18 weeks (if needed)
- Sonogram............... 18 - 20 weeks
- 1 Hr Glucola and CBC - 26 weeks (glucose or blood sugar test)
- Beta Strep Culture.. 36 (internal exam)
- Internal Exam......... 39 weeks
Decide and be registered if decided on Prenatal Classes by your 20th week. Send the pre-admission form to Alexandria Hospital by your 31st week. Any changes in your insurance coverage during your pregnancy should be brought to our attention immediately so we may assure your delivery is authorized with the correct coverage.
We hope these little facts will help you to feel more comfortable with all the pregnancy information you will be receiving and hearing during the next few months. As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have!